Definition of EQ – EQ is the ability to identify, understand, use and manage emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathise with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict.
What is Magic Blox 4 Life:
Magic Blox 4 Life’s purpose is to empower children, teens, parents, therapists and facilitators to unlock their potential and support them in achieving their personal best. It is designed to support children in discovering who they really are and what they are feeling. Through building self-awareness, they learn effective communication and ways to deal with the many difficulties, that life sometimes delivers and which they may encounter on their life’s journey. The Magic Box 4 Life Programmes are all based on three main concepts as follows:
Think – Visualising your Potential
Do – Creating your Potential
Be – Becoming your Potential
Magic Blox 4 Super Heroes – Children with Special Needs and Disabilities
Our Magic Blox 4 Super Heroes program equips “differently abled” and special needs children with the skills and tools to overcome challenges in their lives as well as building self-belief, social skills and self- awareness. It improves relaxation and concentration skills, while supporting parent- child and teacher- child communication. It also improves behavioral skills to help self-regulate their emotions and responses.
The program is sensory based and provides a concrete and interactive space that allows the child to understand their environment.
The key to the effectiveness of this material is that it is adapted especially for children with Special Needs and Disabilities. The support and involvement of parents and/or teachers is vital.
We also offer EQ training to teachers, parents and facilitators who then take what they have learnt and effortlessly apply it to their lesson plans, as well as home and school environments
The Magic Blox 4 Super Heroes programme is presented over a series of four workshops either in groups with both children and parents or individual private parent/child coaching. The skills and concepts are taught with lots of fun games and activities, worksheets, creativity with arts and crafts, visualisation, imagination exercises and affirmations.
Magic Blox 4 Super Heroes Coaches
Sithe Lynnette Ngweni
- 2007 – I was introduced to the world of Special Needs and received initial training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). A teaching method for children on the Autism spectrum.
- 2008-2010 – Worked with mostly non-verbal Autistic children on home and after school programs.
- 2010-2014 – I began classroom facilitation privately for a child who attended a private school. I supported and assisted the child cope and work throughout the school day. During this time I trained with ISSA and received a classroom facilitator certificate. I also received more finalized training in ABA for the Star Academy. I began my teaching degree with Unisa, focusing on foundation.
- 2015 – I joined CREST learning center (a special needs school) as a teachers assistant in the foundation phase classroom.
- 2016 – Present – I took over the Assisted Learning Program within the school. The learning in this area focuses on basic numeracy and literacy skills with our main focus being on functional life skills and vocational teaching.
- 2017 – Present – I was introduced to Magic Blox 4 life and joined the team as an assistant as well as facilitator.
- 2011 – 2014 – I completed my degree in Foundation Phase teaching.
- 2011 – 2016 – While studying I worked at Bryanston Primary school as a grade 1 teacher and then moved up to grade 3.
- 2016 – Worked with and taught two autistic brothers.
- 2016 – Present –Teaching at CREST School (a school for special needs children)
- 2018 – Completed my honours degree in Special Needs Education.
- 2011 – Present – Assisted Julie in creating Magic Blox 4 Life. Assisting and facilitating courses.
Course run once a week over four weeks.
Group OR family courses up to 2 children per group.
- Per child R3500 per child per course
- A consolidated 4 workshop course
- Group format, min 2 – max 5 children per group or private family coaching
- Social environment to stimulate EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Practical and fun activities to reinforce concepts
- Introduction to EQ (emotional intelligence) for parents (1 hour)
- All course materials
- Children’s workbook
- Parent handbook
- Creative take home items