The Magic Blox 4 Therapists and Teachers program objectives are to:
- Equip therapists and teachers with an understanding of EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and practical tools and techniques to give children from a variety of socio-economic circumstances emotional support.
- Equip therapists and teachers with practical EQ and self-awareness skills to personally benefit and improve therapist-patient relationships and teacher-pupil relationships and communication.
- Empower therapists and teachers in unlocking their own and others’ potential and move beyond any mental blocks.
- Assist therapists and teachers to apply the principles and practices in their own lives and build resilience.
- Practical, easy to apply, fun EQ skills to help them with any life challenge i.e.: a
difficult subject, friends, bullies, family, trauma, etc.
- Improving confidence and self-esteem.
- Improving relaxation and concentration tools (especially supporting those children
- An understanding of how to improve communication and social skills to enhance
relationships between their teachers, therapists, classmates and peers.
- Identifying, embracing and expressing their thoughts, emotions and feelings
This program is divided into two workshops as follows:
THINK, DO, BE: An Introduction to EQ
- Visualise your potential
- Create your potential
- Become your potential
THINK, DO, BE:: Building EQ
- Develop potential in children
- Support EQ in the practice
- The key to the effectiveness of this material is that it can be adapted to suit any age.
Magic Blox 4 Therapists and Teachers Foundation Program Investment
- An investment for the Foundation Program is costed on a sliding scale based on the number of participants per program.
Number of participants per group 5 – 9: R1700 per person
Number of participants per group 10 – 15: R1600 per person
Magic Blox 4 Life Coaching Testimonials
- “As an Occupational Therapist I see many children who are anxious, lack confidence and struggle to manage difficult feelings. Magic Blox has helped me integrate EQ into my
sessions.The fun creative activities reinforce life skills concepts on a sensory level.” – Taryn Rutenburg (Talk Sense)
- “I enjoyed the training as it gave me ideas to use in my class, I am excited to send some of the children on the Magic Blox course for children.” – Jessica Pinard (Teacher)
- “Magic Blox 4 life is a wonderful way to inform teachers of their emotional intelligence and how children deal with issues regarding their EQ. Completing the Magic Blox teacher training course changed the way I teach forever. I now see the children in my class in a new light. Magic Blox created awareness around the holistic development of the children in my class and that is it not all about IQ, and the results they produce on paper. Teaching is about enhancing the child’s well-being in a holistic manner and learning about EQ and how important it is, this made me realize that I needed to be aware of what is going on internally with each individual child, and how each child is coping on a day-to-day basis. My classroom is a better place because of Magic Blox 4 Life. I am a happier, more aware teacher and the children I teach benefit hugely from what I have learnt through Magic Blox. Thank you Julie and Jo for all the wonderful, positive work you do to better the lives of children all over Johannesburg – Jeanine Lester (Teacher)
- “The training was great as it reminded me of principles and practices to use to improve one’s life. The training will definitely help me to implement these skills in the classroom.” – Lauren Knezovich-Henwood (Teacher)
- “I enjoyed the workshop, it made me understand that it is important to express yourself in a positive manner always and to see the positive in everything. You guys at Magic Blox are amazing and so passionate about changing the world into a more positive environment. Thank you, Magic Blox!” – Meghann Pearce (Teacher)