TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT/BOOKING
MAGIC BLOX 4 LIFE CC
CONTACT LEARNING AND ONLINE COURSES SOUTH AFRICA
Welcome to MAGIC BLOX 4 LIFE CC.
Magic Blox 4 Life CC (“Magic Blox”), which is owned and operated by Magic Blox 4 Life CC. The Terms and Conditions of Enrolment (“the T&Cs”) contained herein are important as they are the basis of the contract between Magic Blox and the Client (being the Student or, in the case of the Student being a minor, the parent or guardian of the Student responsible for enrolling the Student) . Please read them carefully. Magic Blox reserves the right to change the T&Cs from time to time. Since the Client is bound by the T&Cs, the Client is advised to periodically refer to the website in order to monitor any changes that may have been effected.
Upon booking a course with Magic Blox, the Client is entering into a binding agreement with Magic Blox, in terms of which the Client agrees to abide by the T&Cs (including meeting stated payments), in exchange for the services offered by Magic Blox during the course for which the Client has enrolled.
The T&Cs are subject to the jurisdiction of the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
By agreeing to these T&Cs, the Client confirms that s/he possesses a full understanding of all the T&Cs (as amended from time to time), and willingly accepts them all.
- COURSE DURATION
The following allowable time frames are for the course duration; from the date payment is processed. You have the following time periods to complete the courses:The following allowable time frames are for the course duration; from the date payment is processed. You have the following time periods to complete the courses:
- Magic Blox Free EQ Information Session – 1 hour prior to enrolment of any Magic Blox EQ Course (online and contact learning)
- Magic Blox EQ Parent and Child Online Contact Course (Ages 4-6) – 5 hours (5 x 90min contact sessions)
- Magic Blox EQ Parent & Child EQ Contact Course (Ages 7-10) (family) – 5 hours (5 x 90min contact sessions)
- Magic Blox EQ Parent & Child EQ Online Course (family) (Ages 7 -13) – 5 hours (5 x 90min online live streaming sessions)
- Magic Blox EQ Primary Schooler Contact Course (Ages 7-10) – 5 hours (5 x 90min contact sessions)
- Magic Blox EQ Tweens Contact Course (Ages 11-13) – 5 hours (5 x 90min contact sessions)
- Magic Blox EQ Refresher Online or contact sessions:
- Magic Blox Teacher-Therapist EQ online Course – 5 hours (5 x 90min contact sessions) online session.
- Magic Blox Teacher-a-Teacher Interns skills development EQ Contact Course – 20 hours (4 x contact sessions.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
Should the Client wish to cancel his/her enrolment in a course, the Client must submit written cancellation request within at least 5 working days of the confirmation of enrolment. It is recommended that the Client contact Magic Blox within 24 hours of submitting a cancellation request to confirm receipt. Magic Blox accepts no responsibility for and will not be liable for non-receipt of messages or transmissions.
3. PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
- Refunds may be granted in the event that the Client submits an application within 5 working days of confirmation of booking. The refunded cost will be less minimum R100 Administration Fee per course. In the event course has already been commenced, a refund will not be issued.
4. YOUR PRIVACY
Magic Blox is committed to protecting your privacy and all workshop and online sessions are kept confidential. Your permission will be acquired before any use of testimonials or photographic materials.
Magic Blox maintains strict online security measures. This is to ensure that our business is managed in accordance with worldwide legal developments and to protect against cyber-attack, hacking, and unlawful access of confidential records.
- Every attempt is made to ensure all information provided by Magic Blox is accurate, and that the Client has attained all competencies taught within a course.
- Magic Blox takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable, for any action or claim in connection with, or arising from any such information, instruction or advice, given by any student or ex-student. Magic Blox takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the Student’s or ex-Student’s interpretation and/or misuse of materials.
- All information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements (“Content”) are protected by South African and international copyright and trademark laws.
- No courses, course materials and study notes are to be republished, sold, loaned or copied, or used in any way outside the pursuit of studying the course by the enrolled student without explicit permission granted in writing by the owner of Magic Blox.
- CONFIDENTIALITY UNDERTAKINGS
- In the course and scope of the Client’s participation in the Magic Blox programme, he/she will become acquainted with, possessed of and given access to the Magic Blox’ trade secrets and confidential information (“proprietary information”).
- Such proprietary information is of significant strategic importance and value to Magic Blox and the Client acknowledges this to be the case.
- In order to protect Magic Blox’ interests in the proprietary information , the Client undertakes, during the continuance of his/her engagement with the Magic Blox and participation in the Magic Blox Programme and courses, and at all times after the termination thereof for whatsoever reason
- to keep secret and not to divulge or disclose Magic Blox’ proprietary information; and
- to use his/her best endeavours to prevent any disclosures of Magic Blox’ proprietary information; and
- to refrain from using Magic Blox’ proprietary information for himself/herself or for the purposes or benefit of any other concern. (“Concern” for the purposes of this clause means any person, partnership, close corporation, company, association, firm, business undertaking, trust, association for gain or any other vehicle, whether a legal persona or not whereby business is carried on and any government department or agency, municipality, public utility or statutory body).
- to refrain from using, availing himself/herself or deriving any profit from Magic Blox’ proprietary information or facilitating any other party to do so.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The Client shall not in any manner represent that s/he has any right or title to the Intellectual Property, of Magic Blox. The Intellectual Property, includes but is not limited to: the format of the Magic Blox 4 Life program, online sessions and workshops, the concepts and Magic Blox Tools and Skills taught, the feedback reports, the equipment used, both children and adult materials and manuals, the registered trademarks, the logos, the product name.
- Under no circumstances shall the Client, in any way whatsoever, use or apply for registration of any of the Intellectual Property or any part of same, which are identical to or confusingly similar to the Intellectual Property of Magic Blox or which would conflict with the Intellectual Property.
- To the extent that the Client breaches the undertakings contained in this clause and indeed uses Magic Blox’ Intellectual Property, all use thereof by the Client for as long as such a breach endures will inure to the benefit of Magic Blox.
- The Client acknowledges that the Intellectual Property is owned by Magic Blox. The Client further acknowledges that the Intellectual Property is a commercial asset of considerable value to Magic Blox and that valuable goodwill is attached to the Intellectual Property.
- The Client acknowledges, and will not contest, the rights of Magic Blox to the Intellectual Property.
- The Client agrees that no part of the Intellectual Property will be used by the Client as part of its name or in the name or part of any name of any entity, company, corporation, partnership or any other entity with which the Client is associated, either directly or indirectly, and if it does so, the Client agrees to procure that such entity’s name is changed upon demand by Magic Blox.
- The Client shall, where applicable, in all representations of any Intellectual Property used by it as contemplated in this Agreement, append in a manner approved by Magic Blox, such inscription as is usual or proper for indicating that the Intellectual Property right in question is registered.
- The Client shall immediately notify Magic Blox of any and all infringements or threatened infringements of the Intellectual Property which comes to his/her attention or any attempts to challenge the Client’s rights to use any of the Intellectual Property in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- The Client will not at any time do or cause to be done any act or thing contesting or in any way impairing or tending to impair any part of the exclusive right, title or interest of Magic Blox in and to the Intellectual Property.
- RETURN OF DOCUMENTS
Forthwith upon request for any reason whatsoever, the Client shall return any and all documents furnished to him/her by Magic Blox pursuant to this agreement that s/he has in his/her possession, and shall not retain copies thereof.