Lynette is a teacher and works with special needs children. Her passion for children, amazing skills, bubbly personality and calling to help children overcome challenges brings with her a wealth of experience and skills to Magic Blox 4 Life.
- 2007 – Introduced to the world of Special Needs and received initial training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). A teaching method for children on the Autism spectrum.
- 2008-2010 – Worked with mostly non-verbal Autistic children on home and after school programs.
- 2010-2014 – Began classroom facilitation privately for a child who attended a private school. I supported and assisted the child cope and work throughout the school day. During this time I trained with ISSA and received a classroom facilitator certificate. I also received more finalized training in ABA for the Star Academy. I began my teaching degree with Unisa, focusing on foundation.
- 2015 – Joined CREST learning center (a special needs school) as a teachers assistant in the foundation phase classroom.
- 2016 – Present – I took over the Assisted Learning Program within the school. The learning in this area focuses on basic numeracy and literacy skills with our main focus being on functional life skills and vocational teaching.
- 2017 – Present – I was introduced to Magic Blox 4 life and joined the team as an assistant as well as facilitator.